disclaimer or something

A mummy-hand holding, (former) biker gang affiliating, hippie influenced semi crunchy granola mom's ramblings and reminisings on an off-kilter life

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness

Everyone and their mother is posting, tweeting, blogging about what they are thankful for.

Not me.

I'm not a Scrooge but I refuse to blab on about what I am thankful for, and I am tired of hearing why everyone I thankful for. Big freakin deal.

There are people out there, glad to have scavenged some recyclables from the mall garbage. Others glad to own one pair of clothing. Glad that they have not died of famine or AIDS or cancer, yet. I know, there goes the holiday cheer out the window. But when I hear someone say they are thankful for their XBox or a huge turkey dinner, it infuriates me. When they say thy are thankful for family and friends, it either sounds empty or like they only have to be thankful one day a year.

Besides, the things I am thankful for are my own. For me, it is a private, introspective kind if thankfulness, hat I wish not to share. In fact, some of it can't be put in words, it is just a feeling.

But anyways, off my soap box...have a happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. It is true, we are all thankful in different ways.
    Happy Thanksgiving and peace.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be a bit redundant can't it, to read everyone's thankfulness. Sad thing is we spend one day being thankful and 364 days barely thinking of our blessings. I do hope your day was a nice one!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thankful I didn't kill someone today. That's not really appropriate and my mother was none too pleased.

    ReplyDelete