disclaimer or something

A mummy-hand holding, (former) biker gang affiliating, hippie influenced semi crunchy granola mom's ramblings and reminisings on an off-kilter life

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A law of the land

#103:  If someone is explaining something new to you, it makes total sense, that is, until later when you think, "whaaaaaa?"

Case in point: I am attempting to run for school board (I guess that makes me important or something) and I have to fill out some financial "statement of economic interests". It comes with a 20 page packet explaining it all, yet it doesn't explain it. When I picked up the packet, it made sense, the lady told me, "if you own rental property, just declare it here and the net worth". Sure. Makes sense. Now that I am home, I'm sooooo lost. The forms asks, "Agency name..." well the packet does not tell me, so I wonder, do they mean the county? Voter's dept? My name? My Mortgage company? Or the board I am running for? What about the question of, "Jurisdiction office?" Well it is in a county, it is not state or city but it is a school board covering a few towns/cities, so is it county, or, other? Then the statement says "statement for __/__/11 to __/__/11" but it is past 2011, and the 20 pages of not-explanation mention filing by April 2011 AND at the same time, that it is not necessary to file until 2013.  Even though I was told I have to file by the end of this week to have my candidacy be legit. (Wait. This sounds eerily like computer math, see http://disorderlywanderlustblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/44-8-except-you-know-when-it-doesnt.html). Then, it asks for my assessor parcel number or address. Well, my luck is they want the parcel and not the address, even though it says either or. And I cannot screw this up because a) it is due in a few days b) will become a fully public document  c)could invalidate my election/candidacy if it is wrong.

So again....yes...if someone explains something new to you, it totally makes sense...until you leave that person's presence and then it suddenly becomes some alien concept and you feel like a complete imbecile.

No comments:

Post a Comment