disclaimer or something

A mummy-hand holding, (former) biker gang affiliating, hippie influenced semi crunchy granola mom's ramblings and reminisings on an off-kilter life

Monday, August 27, 2012

RIP wheat

Sigh. I will miss you, wheat. My health has sucked lately and wheat is but one culprit. I thought oh I can sneak a bit in. Nope. Then I thought,I do not like wheat much...cold cut sandwiches? Bleck....finally, after decades of suffering ,I can avoid them! Pre-made, full of synthetic chemicals cake with makes me barfy no-butter-or-cream buttercream frosting? Yep. I can avoid that, too. Fried chicken? I am quite the oddball but I have never liked it so ha...never again.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------But then I got sad because gluten free "gluten-like foods either resemble a mix of sand, sawdust, and cardboard, or require a degree in chemistry to concoct. So, I will miss you, gluten foods...---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.I will miss: craft brewed beers esp Hangar 24 orange wheat and alt bier, Portsmouth Brewery IPA, Sam Adams Seasonals and cherry wheat, Blue Moon. Then comes foods. Grilled paninis. Bagels with lox and cream cheese, or pesto, or avocado. Pizza pizza and did I mention one ofmy favorite foods, pizza? Gyros. Most falafel. Naan and paratha, samosas and gulab jamum. Chow mein. Spaghetti, lasagna, manicotti, most everything Italian. Pierogies. Fried pickles, fried zucchini, mushrooms, clams, fish, milanesa, tempura stuff. Burritos and wraps. Burgers. Most casseroles, some chilis. Biscuits and gravy. Anything fast food (never tasty but so darn convenient). Cookies. French desserts like neopolitan. Pies. Cheesecake. Fruit tarta. Donuts. Gravies.

1 comment:

  1. Look at my blog, I have a recipe for gluten free buscuits and gravy. Also TJ's gluten free bagels are not to bad.

    ReplyDelete