disclaimer or something

A mummy-hand holding, (former) biker gang affiliating, hippie influenced semi crunchy granola mom's ramblings and reminisings on an off-kilter life

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Leibsters like lobsters minus the butter

liebsters, an internet blogging award like a chain letter kind if, but not. I'm I award 11 liebsters to bloggers with less than 200 followers, like the Grammys of blogs for us small fry. But I can't think of 11 people with few followers so I will break the cardinal rule. So be it. If you get a liebster from me, answer my questions of you (there's 11), write 11 facts about yourself and write 11 questions for the award winners to answer. Make it a blog post. Oh and thanks to yetisaurus at therealyetisaurus.com for giving me the liebster. She seems like the kind of person I woukd enjoy hanging out with in real life. So here goes. Voila.

Questions asked of me..

1.Have you ever shot milk out of your nose?

No but I was lactose intolerant most of my life. I do recall shooting squirt soda out my nose which burnt like hell but only fueled my laughter that had probably caused the shooting in the first place.

2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

That is a hard one, pasta? Cause its variable. But if I had to choose one exact thing? A toss up of hummus, fresh blackberries, or zucchini.

3. What's the most embarrassing wardrobe malfunction you've ever had, and where did it happen to you?

Oh I am sure there are lots especially after too much "beverage" in college. But in high school I remember a time that seemed like a malfunction. I was a nameless fairy in the school production of Midsummer Night's Dream and we had skin colored leotards and leggings. Attached was a small velour tankini bodice thing and around my waist, maybe 6 strips of toile fabric. Six. So most of me looked to be completely exposed and we were to frolic around going class to class to advertise the play. Near the end, you would hear kids say "here come the naked fairies". Kids would actually ask, are you naked?

4. Tyrannosaurus Rex or Velociraptor? Velociraptor. Cooler name, and T Rex has had the spotlight for far too long.

5. What's the most important thing you've ever learned that someone else taught you?

A simple thing but you only have one body treat it right

6. What's the most important thing you've ever learned that you discovered yourself?

Forgiveness, mostly of myself.

7. How long can you hold your breath?

Not very long. I would lose any competition. Having asthma, the feeling if no breath is sheer torture. I swim by doggy paddling so I can breathe the entire time.

8. What are you most afraid of?

Fire as in forest or home fire. I have been evacuated from forest fires too many times.

9. Have you ever accidentally glued something to something else?

I can't think of an example but somehow know I have done it. More than once.

10. Have you ever punched someone in the face?

Not the face. I bullied the bully boys in 6th grade and picked them up by the shirt collar and shoved them off the curb. I also slugged an ex boyfriend cause he would say overtly, "whoa she's hot I'd do her". In front of me. Without shame.

11. If you had to live 200 years in the past or 200 years in the future, which would you pick?

Past. First, if the world ends in the next 199 years I would have chosen the wrong deal! End of the world stuff scares me. I love history and find recent history the most fascinating so I would go back 200 years. I would want to speak to my decades relatives about their lives...I have so much to ask.

MY QUESTIONS for the winners
1. What is the strangest food you have eaten?
2. What is one political/ hot button issue you are really passionate about?
3. Do you believe the environment shapes someone- not the house, the family, but the actual place? Why?
4. What is your earliest memory?
5. If you have an iPod or similar device out all songs on shuffle. What first ten are played?
6. What are some words, when mispronounced or even accented, really bother you?
7. List up to 5 books you have read that were awesome. Feel free to say why.
8. Do people ever call you by the wrong name? What names do they give you?
9. If you were to be you, now, but go back to high school or college (manically looking the right age) what would you do differently this time around?
10. When is a time you were quite scared?
1. Do you believe in the supernatural? If so have you had any experiences? Do tell!

11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I'd prob be dead if it were 200 years ago, being I have survived what could kill- anaphylaxis, pleurisy, asthma attacks, severe months long dysentery to name a few.
2. I am incredibly blind. Incredibly. I could beat most people's bad vision.
3. I have touched a mummified hand
4. I got lost in Munich Germany and found my travel group by complete accident as they left to board the train. My credit card had been stolen and I had no money and didn't know German and it was a cold winter...I would have been screwed
5. I got bitten by a fox once.
6. I was science partners with Olympian Michelle Kwan for like...a week in middle school before she disappeared to become famous.
7. I was the shortest skinniest kid in my grade every year until Michelle Kwan. Then girls stopped growing and since I still hadn't reached puberty, they stopped growing and I kept growing...yay!
8.i cannot snap, ski, snowboard at all and I can barely swim. Which reminds me I didn't learn to ride a bike or even kind of swim till I was twelve.
9. I had never had food more "ethnic" than pizza, ground beef hard shell taco, or orange chicken until I was 18z
10. I didn't learn to drive until 22. I mean I could kind of drive at 16 but didn't get my license or drive proficiently until 22.
11. I like to make up words. Hell, if Shakespeare can do it, why can't I?


Award winners if you choose to accept
1. http://www.jamiemiles.com/blog/
2. http://mythoughtsonthesubjectareasfollows.wordpress.com/
3.http://getoffmyroads.blogspot.com/?m=1
4. http://sublurbanmama.blogspot.com/?m=0

I make a terrible liebster-ER but I got it once before so I used up my 11 and now have less. If I forgot you, let me know and I will seriously add you.


2 comments: